Admittedly I was interested to listen, admittedly I was there early to hear Dr. Robert Jesse, the principal deputy under secretary for Health at the Veterans Health Administration speak. But I was surprised and interested to hear his insight.
A few highlights:
- We have to be careful to use the “S” (standardization) word around physicians.
- If data is important, it needs to be acquired as part of the process, not after it.
- We need to know what we’re doing, not what we did.
- Technology, especially those that drive transparency, will be a participant in the solutions.
- We, Healthcare, are not that different.
- It’s time to move away from “how we’ve always done it.”
Barrett Franklin, MS CCE
Chief Clinical Engineer | VA Providence Medical Center